Farm Fest Friday 2016
“Farm Fest Friday 2016” Brings Together Arts, Farms and Fun
Free, Multi-Partner Arts Event is Latest Offering from SaratogaArtsFest and Spring Street Gallery.
Saratoga Springs, NY – Arts Fest Fridays – a series of free, multi-genre, multi-partner arts-and-entertainment events presented by SaratogaArtsFest in collaboration with Spring Street Gallery – presents FARM FEST FRIDAY 2016 on Friday, June 3, 5-7:30pm at High Rock Park.
On Friday, June 3, Farm Fest Friday 2016 will bring together a wide range of Saratoga’s arts organizations, business partners, musicians and artists into a festive evening of dancing, music, foods, arts and fun.
Featured activities and entertainers include:
- The Gaslight Tinkers, a modern, danceable band whose sound is built around a core of old time and Celtic fiddle music, AND the Whippersnappers, a trio of regional folk superstars including George Wilson, Peter Davis and Frank Orsini,
- The Flurry Festival will provide contra dancing activities
- Saratoga Farmers Market Association will stage a “mini-market” where attendees can browse, shop, sample and sip a wide variety of fresh produce, drinks and handmade goods from over 20 vendors
- Northshire Bookstore will have storytelling and activities
- Saratoga Arts will have artists Noah Savett and John Van Allstine on hand to discuss their High Rock Park sculpture “Tempered by Memory,” constructed from steel beams recovered from the World Trade Center
- Sweet Chickadee School will have live animals, a tractor and farm activities
- Children’s Museum of Saratoga will have farm-themed activities for young children
- Saratoga Springs High School Fiddle Club will bring their irrepressible energy and talents
- On Deck Saratoga will have a sidewalk chalk activity for all ages
- Saratoga Springs Mineral Water Tours will give insight into the history of the High Rock Park springs
- Native Farm Flowers will have a flower arranging activity
- Oliva Vineyards and Slyboro Cider will provide samples of their wares
In addition, all children who attend the Farm Fest event will be given a $2 token to “purchase” fresh vegetables, kicking off a season-long program at the Saratoga Farmers Market, encouraging kids to make healthy food choices.
“Arts Fest Fridays was a big success in 2015,” said Saratoga Arts Fest Board Chair, Dee Sarno. “The arts and business communities really rallied around these new events, and enjoyed presenting out-of-box, collaborative entertainment.” The 2015 Arts Fest Friday events were the Vintage Beekman Street Fest (September), UPH Goes Avant Garde (October), A Vaudeville Circus at the Tang Museum (November), and Holidays at Home Made Theater (December). Over 2,000 people attended the Arts Fest Friday events.
2016 events will be presented at High Rock Park, National Museum of Racing, the Tang Teaching Museum at Skidmore College, and Spring Street Gallery. Dates and details for the other events will be released shortly.
For additional information call Maureen Sager at (518) 587-6433 or email@example.com.
High resolution photos available at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4jtpyiun2fr1oqr/AAB6ugMY7r8NwK4mCd2xz-R2a, photo credit Sarah Pezdek-Smith.
On Deck Saratoga
Saratoga Farmers Market Association
Spring Street Gallery
The Children’s Museum at Saratoga
The Flurry Festival