SaratogaArtsFest works in partnership with community and arts organizations to grow audiences for all the arts in Saratoga. Collaborating in the areas of programming, exhibits, financial and logistical support, and marketing and outreach efforts, SaratogaArtsFest and Partner organizations enrich the arts landscape and encourage increased cultural tourism in our region.
ARTSPASS Annual Benefits
Holders of an ARTSPASS from 2012 receive benefits from many SaratogaArtsFest Partners through June 5, 2013. To see a complete listing, please refer to arts365!
2013 Partner Grant Application
The application process is closed.
2013 Partner Grant Winners
Each year, proceeds from SaratogaArtsFest's opening celebration, Prelude, and a portion of funds received from donors are awarded to partners to help bring programming to SaratogaArtsFest. For 2013, nine partner organizations from the SaratogaArtsFest alliance of art organizations will receive programming grants for a vibrant array of diverse programming:
- Albany Symphony Orchestra - Albany Symphony Tiny Tots program presents Cowboy Dave!
Cowboy Dave, the roughest, toughest cowboy conductor of all time will lead children ages 2 through 8 on an action packed, interactive musical trail-ride.
- Caffé Lena - Woodbury-Kasius / Theater Collaboration
Composer Elizabeth Woodbury-Kasius and Skidmore College theater students will collaborate in the creation of an original performance piece that evokes the last 150 years of Saratoga Springs history.
- Home Made Theater - Straight from the Horse’s Mouth
Stable Chat: A collection of songs and stories straight from the horse’s mouth. Meet eight different thoroughbred “horses” as they tell sweet, funny and endearing stories about their lives.
- Myers Dance Center/Northeast Ballet - Saratoga’s 2 & 4- Legged Thoroughbreds!
A dance performance exploring the training and similarities between dancers and horses, and the athletic and emotional demands on humans and animals in their respective art forms.
- Opera Saratoga - Opera 150
Opera Saratoga General Director Curt Tucker will lead an informative talk about how opera has evolved during the past 150 years, with examples performed by members of the Opera Saratoga 2013 Young Artist Program.
- Saratoga Arts -Gary Lucas and the Golem
Musician Gary Lucas will perform to the 1920 expressionist film The Golem, the tale of a rabbi who made a man out of clay to save the Jewish community of Prague and shorter pieces to recent film clips, followed by a discussion with the audience.
- Saratoga Chamber Players - 150 Years of Music & Art in Saratoga
A chamber concert with bassoon, violins, viola & cello to highlight work audiences heard 150 years ago, and a work composed by the principal bassoonist of the Philadelphia Orchestra who performed at SPAC. The concert will be accompanied by slides of 150 years of art in Saratoga.
- Saratoga Children's Theater - Children’s Theater at Beekman Street Art Fair
As part of the Beekman Street Art Fair, the Saratoga Children's Theatre will offer various children's performances under a large tent on Beekman Street. Offerings include an open mic program, various theatre skits, and a youth "Elvis" impersonator program.
- Saratoga Film Forum - The Film Forum Celebrates Yaddo
Yaddo, the venerable artists’ community in Saratoga Springs, has nurtured over seventy film makers. As ArtsFest honors 150 years of the arts in Saratoga, the Saratoga Film Forum celebrates Yaddo's commitment to the art of filmmaking with three nights of Yaddo film makers showing their films and talking about their work.
The Arts Partners include galleries, museums and performing organizations. The Arts Partners make up the Alliance of Arts Partners and provide the core of the festival events.
- 70 Beekman Street Fine Art Gallery
- Crafters Gallery
- Feneex Boutique
- Flores Fine Art Gallery
- Gary Zack Studio
- LaFayette Jewelry Designs
- Mimosa Gallery
- Saratoga Arts
- Saratoga Clay Arts
- Sharon Crute Studio
- Schick Art Gallery at Skidmore College
- Spa Fine Art
- Spring Street Gallery
- Symmetry Gallery
- Textile Studio
- Hyde Collection
- National Museum of Dance
- National Museum of Racing & Hall of Fame
- Saratoga Automobile Museum
- Saratoga Springs History Museum
- Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery
- The Children's Museum at Saratoga
Performing Arts Organizations
- Albany Symphony Orchestra
- Burnt Hills Oratorio Society
- Caffé Lena
- Empire State Youth Orchestras
- Home Made Theater
- Hubbard Hall
- Northeast Ballet
- Northshire Bookstore
- Opera Saratoga
- Saratoga Chamber Players
- Saratoga Children's Chorus
- Saratoga Children's Theatre
- Saratoga City Ballet
- Saratoga Film Forum
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- Saratoga Springs Youth Orchestra
- Saratoga Youth Symphony
- Skidmore Department of Dance
- Skidmore Department of Music
- Skidmore Department of Theater
- Skidmore Office of Special Programs
Community partners support the festival in two ways, including production of one or more festival events and promotions of the festival.
Event Producing Organizations
- Beekman Street Arts Association
- Children & Nature Saratoga
- Creative Endeavors of Saratoga Bridges
- Downtown Business Association
- Saratoga Vital Aging Network
- City of Saratoga Springs
- Friends of the Saratoga Springs Public Library
- Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau
- Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce
- Saratoga Springs Visitor Center
School Partners may provide programming and collaborate with festival operations to promote the festival and, in particular, youth and family programming.
- Empire State College
- Saratoga Central Catholic High School
- Saratoga Springs City Schools
- Skidmore College
- Waldorf School of Saratoga Springs
Partner Calendar of Events
Oct 11 - 27 The Drowsy Chaperone - Spa Little Theater
Dec 13 - 22 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Spa Little Theater
Feb 7 - 23 Witness for the Prosecution - Spa Little Theater
April 18 - May 4 Boeing Boeing - Spa Little Theater
Jul 6, 2013 Music from Salem: Britten - Influences and Intimacies - Hubbard Hall
Jul 7, 2013 Annual Garden Tour - Hubbard Hall
Jun 25, 2013 "Giselles Gone Wild: The Nature of the Romantic Ballerina" - 99 South Broadway
Jun 28, 2013 Opening Reception for Homage to Dance - 99 South Broadway
Jul 28, 2013 National Dance Day - 99 South Broadway
June 23, 25, 28, 30, July 1, 6 H.M.S. Pinafore - Spa Little Theater
June 27, 29, July 2, 5, 7 Lucia Di Lammermoor - Spa Little Theater
Jun 19, 2013 Arts Marketing on a Shoestring - 320 Broadway
Jul 13, 2013 Art in the Park - Congress Park
Aug 3 - Sept 28 Saratoga 150: Then, Now and Beyond! - 320 Broadway
Sep 14, 2013 Art in the Park - Congress Park
Oct 9, 2013 Arts in Education + Curriculum Integration = Arts Invigoration! - 320 Broadway
Oct 16, 2013 Grantwriting for the Arts - 320 Broadway
Oct 23, 2013 Gallery Submission Process - 320 Broadway
Jun 20, 2013 Five Dances - 320 Broadway
Jun 21, 2013 Lads Go Dancing - 320 Broadway
Jun 22, 2013 Merce Cunningham: A Legacy of Dance - 320 Broadway
Jun 23, 2013 A Portrait of Giselle - 320 Broadway
Jun 26, 2013 Walking Tour of Saratoga Presented by Charlie Kuenzel and Dave Patterson - Canfield Casino
Jul 4, 2013 Family Fun Day - Congress Park
Jul 11, 2013 Exhibit Opening and Reception: The People Behind the Track - Canfield Casino
Aug 21, 2013 Racing at Saratoga: The History of Saratoga Presented by Bill Nack - Canfield Casino
Jun 26, 2013 SUMMER FILM CLASSICS: SHADOW OF A DOUBT - 110 Spring Street
Jan 19 - July 28 Someday Is Now: The Art of Corita Kent - Skidmore College, Tang Teaching Museum & Art Gallery