At SaratogaArtsFest, we know how hard it can be to find arts and cultural events that work for families with children. But fear not! Our next Arts Fest Friday, Gotta Dance!, will be heading to the National Museum of Dance, March 31 from 6 to 8 pm and it is loaded with kid-friendly performances and activities. And, admission is free, so you can bring the whole clan without breaking the bank. Need a pre-game plan? We got you covered. Our production team put together this handy list of awesome activities designed especially for kids:
- Head over to Studio 2. The high-energy performances and visually mesmerizing mix of dance styles will keep and hold everyone’s attention!
- Hang out at the special Shirley Temple Station. Little ones will love the free Shirley Temple mocktails, snacks, and crafts. For downtime, they can curl up in front of the large-screen telly to watch some short clips of Shirley Temple’s most beloved dance scenes.
- Catch the Fashion Show. Fashionistas of all ages will appreciate the chance to add a little runway glam to their evening.
- Make your way to the Riggi Theater. The kids won’t be able to take their eyes off the jazz tap, belly dancing, and Indian Classical dance performances!
- Bust some new dance moves. Swing over to the Main Hall when The Joey Thomas Little Big Band and the Spa City Swingers take the stage. Your gang won’t be able to keep their toes from tapping.
- Meet a Real Ballerina. Stop by the Children’s Area so your favorite tiny dancer can get to see and speak with a real-live ballerina!
- Check out the the Dancing Athlete exhibit–a sure-fire hit for sports fans! Betcha some of the kids didn’t know professional athletes often use dance to improve their performance!
- Ham it up and click some selfies at our Photo Wall! Be sure to share on FB and Twitter!
- Take a break and refuel. Food trucks and a cash bar will be on hand, selling light bites and beverages.
- Dress up. Got kids who never ever want to take off their tutus and tiaras? No problem! Let ’em come in their full dance regalia.
It’s going to be a blast. But remember–to ensure you don’t miss a thing, stop by the Welcome Desk and pick up a program, subscribe to our email list, and ask how you can help keep more Arts Fest Friday family-friendly events coming.
See you there.